My First Experience

"This post is written for BLOGESHWAR (link to the facebook page) and Anubhooti (link to anubhooti.com)


Some incidences you can never forget in life.One of the incidence I could relate to humor took me back to 3rd year in dental college.
In 3rd year,we got opportunity to work on patient,with our bestest of knowledge and skills.My first posting was in oral surgery where we supposed to extract [remove] the tooth and do minor surgeries.We were allotted patients according to our roll numbers .We were so excited but nervous too for performing our skills on patients.Finally the day arrived and it was my turn to extract the tooth of an old aged patient.the tooth was very mobile but the patient was very apprehensive but I was wearing a confident mask.The best part was he didn't knew either English or Hindi.So it was a kind of weird to interact when you really need it.Their were nurses to translate but because of number of patients in OPD couldn't help me.I was observing his expressions and he was observing mine too then I told him to take deep breath by demonstrating him .Then  I checked b.p and monitored vital sign.After initial examination I anesthetized him with local anaesthesia and asked the symptoms for numbness.Since he was my patient and this was the regimen we all were following but the patient was very impatient.When I applied the forcep on tooth and tried to knock out the tooth at the same time patient suddenly moved his head in the opposite direction and since the tooth was very mobile it came out without much effort.I managed to laugh without showing it to the patient as I was wearing mask and the patient was very happy with the painless and effortless extraction of his tooth.

Since it was the first experience with patient I can never forget and whenever I discuss it,it makes me laugh.

20 comments:

admin November 2, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

great experience :)

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 2, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

ya it was a kinda funny.

Bikram November 2, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

yeh maaaraa this is goood or mehnat bhi nahin karni padi :) he hehehe

Bikram's

magiceye November 2, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

memorable indeed!

Rajesh November 2, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Nice experience. First experience is always special.

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 3, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

bikrramjit-very true aur bina kuch kiye credit bhi mila.

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 3, 2010 at 1:51 AM  

@MAGICEYE AND RAJESH-yes very true .

Shri Ram Ayyangar November 3, 2010 at 3:55 AM  

Ha...Ha...Thank God your red face at that moment was masked!

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 3, 2010 at 5:34 AM  

really even I thanked god for that.

MuddassirShah November 3, 2010 at 6:27 AM  

Wonder, what would have happened if you both moved in same direction? :D
Spare my frivolous thoughts.
That sure a memorable experience :)

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 3, 2010 at 7:12 AM  

ha..ha..then nothing would have happened and I wouldn't have posted here.great to hear from you
and yes it was quite an experience to share with you all.

Mohan November 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

lucky you and lucky patient! Well, i remember a poem that I had read in our language classes during schooldays about how awful to sit in the dentist chair with so much of pain and yet to have the mouth open as wide as possible!

Coral November 3, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

ha ha ha ...lucky one ....

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 4, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

Yes Mohan ji -even I am scared to be a dental patient despite the fact that I am a dentist.

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 4, 2010 at 12:09 AM  

really Coral and thanks for visiting my blog

ANURADHA November 6, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

I have always thought the experience with dentist can be only horrible ,, never thought that could be funny on the dentist part :D

hihihii good one :D

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 7, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

@Anuradha-thanks for sharing your perspective and glad to see you on my blog.
Now dentistry is not painful and its just the fear from instruments and aerotor[drill types].
Their are funny sides too and don't panic dentists are also human being so just chill.

Vivek Singh November 15, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

poor old man :P
thank my stars have never been to a dentist..

Unknown November 17, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Great post!we are lot similar on this blogging platform (i am dentist too).
Nice to see a dentist here.
i am following your blog. do check mine

http://dentalsharing.blogspot.com ( how about u as a guest blogger here?)

http://spiritversion.blogspot.com

Dr. Pratibha Singh November 19, 2010 at 5:50 AM  

Its really nice to see somebody from same profession.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Follow prats_13 on Twitter

About this blog

BLOGGING makes me feel light hearted.To me its a medium for the outflow of emotions which are woven around me from quite sometimes and were controlling me and hovering my mind and soul.
Oh! I am so relaxed now.
Definately, it has therapeutic effect.So keep healthy and happy blogging.

Total Pageviews

Notable Newbie Blogadda Badge

Notable Newbie Blogadda Badge

Thanks Blogadda

Thanks Blogadda
yup I'm excited about this

Followers

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog....I am Dr Pratibha Singh and I am trying to create awareness in people so that people can have healthy and beautiful smile.Smile improves our face value and giving that wonderful smile is our[dental] profession.So keep reading and updated.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free
Pratibha - Find me on Bloggers.com
Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Search
Dr Pratibha Singh. Powered by Blogger.

Personal Blogs - Blog Rankings

Personal Blogs
Personal blog
Online Marketing

Blog Directory Blog Topsites

Submit Blog
Blogs Blog Tools Allie Marie

Active Search Results
Photobucket



Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

I heart FeedBurner

Top Poetry Sites
Copyright 2010 - Pratibha The Talent
Amazing Facts